What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is that science and art that through deliberate short lever adjustments, increases nerve function and improves the communication between the brain, spinal cord, and the body. What Chiropractors do is fix the subluxation through adjustments to increase and restore health. (As defined by Life University, College of Chiropractic)
What Is a Subluxation?
Subluxation is a misalignment of a vertebrae in relation to the bone above it, below it, or both which impinges on nerves and interferes with nerve function.
What causes a Subluxation?
In a word - Stress. There are three causes of stress:
- Physical: accidents, work, sports, repetitive stress injuries
- Mental: relationships, jobs, family, etc.
- Chemical: OTC and prescription drugs, coffee, cigarettes, pollution, etc.
The brain tells the body when and how to function, both conscious and unconscious functions such as walking and breathing. A subluxation decreases the body's ability to communicate with the brain and vice versa.
So What Are Symptoms?
Symptoms are a flashing neon sign that the body sends out telling you to take notice and take care of the problem.
Symptoms and pain are normal reactions to let us know that there is a problem that needs to be corrected. If it wasn’t for our nervous system we may never know about most serious problems, or correct them before they become worse.
Your body has feedback systems to let the brain know when the body is or is not functioning properly. When the symptoms are covered up that doesn't mean the problem has been fixed.
You may benefit from chiropractic care if you have:
- Pain in the skeletal structures of your: neck, back, hips, or between the shoulder blades
- Pain in the joints of the shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees or ankles
- Headaches or dizziness
- Muscle stiffness or twitching
- Developed sensory problems such as numbness, tingling, burning,
- Pain that is localized or radiating
- You developed problems with walking, balance, or muscle weakness
- Fatigue or Irritability
- Been involved in a motor vehicle accident
Chiropractic care also benefits those who seek to maintain a higher level of health so they can work and play better, faster, and for longer periods of time.